Earth day Quiz
World is celebrating Earth Day 2022 on 22 April. This is event that attracts volunteers to do something for mother earth. We are also sharing the Earth Day Quiz. This quiz will help you in enhancing your knowledge about our planet.
Visit official website for more info – Click Here
If you also want to be a member of Earth Day and give your contribution to save our earth, join here
Earth Day Facts
- The First Earth Day was focused on United States of America.
- In 1969 John McConnel proposed a day to honour our mother earth in UNESCO conference.
- In 2020 over 100 million people around the world observed 50th Earth Day Anniversary.
- Google’s first Earth Day Doodle was in 2001.
- Earth Day 2003 theme was ‘Water for Life’
- Earth Day 2005 theme was ‘Healthy Environments for Children’
- Earth Day 2006 theme was ‘Science and Faith’
- Earth Day 2014 Theme was ‘Green Cities’
- Earth Day 2015 Theme was ‘Turn to Our Lead’
- Earth Day 2016 theme was ‘Trees for Earth’
- Earth Day 2018 theme was ‘End Plastic Pollution’
- Earth Day 2019 theme was ‘Protect our Species’
Earth Day Beneficial Facts
- Forests are extremely important to humanity’s health and wellbeing.
- Forests play a vital role in regulating water cycles and soil quality
- Around 15000 bee species are found in all over the world
- Bees play a massive role in pollinating plants
- Bumble bees and carpenter bees are found in North America.
- Mining bee Mason bee is found in Europe.
- Cape Bee is found in Africa.
- HoneyBee is found in Asia and Australia.
- Approximately 75% of world’s crops are depend on pollination.
- California produces 80% of world’s almond that require 1.6 million bees colonies to pollinate flowering trees and produce almonds.
- Indirectly one-third of world’s food supply depends on bees.
Earth Day Dangerous Facts
- Forests cover shrinks by 4.7 million hectares worldwide. for more info – click here
- Forests are the homes of over 80% terrestrial species on earth.
- 80% of western Europe was covered by the forests, now it is only 34%
- A study show that 40% insects declined every year.
- Over the last 50 years 70% of animals population has declined due to human consumption, urbanisation, trade increases.
- The rising demand of meat will create ecological crisis in next coming years.
If you have question or doubt, write us in comment box. Share your Earth Day Quiz score in comment box.
You can also suggest us anything that you want to change here.