Subject and Verb Agreement Worksheets are available here. You can solve them or download them as pdf. Subject-verb agreement tells which verb takes the right subject.
Subject and Verb Agreement Worksheet 1
Q. Find the error and correct the following sentences
- The Committee was divided in their opinion.
- Little have been said about the fact.
- One hundred paise are equal to one rupee.
- It is one of the best books that has been written.
- His deer is running on the road.
- The police has been asked to help them.
- He dares not face me.
- The cattle is grazing in the field.
- Their shoes is new.
- One-fourth of the orange are rotten.
- Neither reward nor punishment are to be expected.
- Honour and glory are his reward.
- The rise and fall of the tide are due to lunar influence.
- The ship, with its crew, were lost.
- The guidance, as well as the love of a mother, were wanting.
- Our happiness or our sorrow are largely due to our own actions.
- Neither truth nor false seem to affect him.
- He is not to blame, nor is you.
- Much pains have been taken.
- The jury is divided on one minor point.
- Plutarch’s Lives are an interesting book.
1. The Committee was divided in their opinion.
2. Little has been said about the fact.
3. One hundred paise is equal to one rupee.
4. It is one of the best books that have been written.
5. His deer is running on the road.
6. The police have been asked to help them.
7. He dares not face me.
8. The cattle are grazing in the field.
9. Their shoes are new.
10. One-fourth of the orange is rotten.
11. Neither reward nor punishment is to be expected.
12. Honour and glory is his reward.
13. The rise and fall of the tide is due to lunar influence.
14. The ship, with its crew, was lost.
15. The guidance, as well as the love of a mother, was wanting.
16. Our happiness or our sorrow is largely due to our own actions.
17. Neither truth nor false seems to affect him.
18. He is not to blame, nor are you.
19. Much pain has been taken.
20. The jury is divided on one minor point.
21. Plutarch’s Lives is an interesting book.
Subject and Verb Agreement Worksheet 2 with Answer
Q. Find the error part of given sentences.
- My brother has not heard (1)/ from my younger brother (2)/who are abroad (3)/ for over a month (4)/ No error (5)
- Raman have been working (1)/ in a bank (2)/ in New Delhi (3)/ for the past several months (4)/ No error (5)
- Every man, woman and child (1)/ are now aware of (2)/the terrible consequence (3)/ of the habit of smoking (4)/ No error (5)
- ‘Meatless Days’ (1)/ have been (2)/ made (3)/ into a film (4)/ No error (5)
- Swift’s Gulliver’s Travels (1)/ have been (2)/ read by me (3)/ several times (4)/ No error (5)
- Neither he (1)/ nor his mother (2)/ is interested (3)/ in joining the party (4)/ No error (5)
- The Arabian Nights (1)/ have (2)/ lots of interesting stories (3) / for young readers (4)/ No error (5)
- Children (1)/ likes to eat (2)/ chocolates (3)/ rather than sweets (4)/ No error (5)
- Unless you (1)/ works hard, (2)/ you cannot (3)/ get success (4)/ No error (5)
- The climate (1)/ of this place (2)/ do not (3)/ suit me (4)/ No error (5)
- The principal, along with (1)/ the staff members (2)/ were present for (3)/ the annual day celebration (4)/ No error (5)
- If you follows (1)/ my suggestions (2)/ you will get (3)/ a suitable reward for that (4)/ No error (5)
- Ratan was (1)/ one of those great sons of India (2)/ who has earned everlasting fame (3)/ for scientific researches (4)/ No error (5)
- If I was (1)/ her servant (2)/ I would have died (3)/ with shame (4)/ No error (5)
- My brother-in-law (1)/ who live in Mumbai (2)/ has come (3)/ to stay with us (4)/ No error (5)
- Each students (1)/ was given (2)/ a bunch of flowers (3)/ which pleased them very much (4)/ No error (5)
- Panjabi was happy (1)/ that Mukesh and his sister was going (2)/ on the same train (3)/ next day (4)/ No error (5)
Subject and Verb Agreement Worksheet 3
Q. Choose the right verb according to the subject.
1. It …… we who are to blame. (is/are)
2. I Wish I …. a rich man. (was/were)
3. Raju does not ….. to do it. (need/needs)
4.. Time and tide …. for no man. (wait/waits)
5. Shrenny ….. not do this. (need/needs)
6. All that glitters ….. not gold. (is/are)
7. The Alps …… many peaks. (has/have)
8. I wish my friend ….. the Chief Minister of Bihar. (was/were)
9. It is I who …… done this. (has/have)
10. Stuart is one of those persons who ….. not accept bribes. (do/does)
11. We should not …. beaten our brother. (has/have)
12. Slow and steady …… the race. (win/wins)
13. The students who are playing there …. my disciples. (is/are)
14. No men and no woman ….. absent. (is/are)
15. The sheep …… grazing in the field. (is/are)
16. He and not I, …. done this. (has/have)
17. Kareem …. to go there. (dare/dares)
18. Liza ….. to go there. (need/needs)
19. The Ganges …… a holy river. (is/are)
20. They and I ….. neighbours. (am/are)
These Subject and Verb Agreement Worksheets will help you in improving your English grammar skill. If you have queries write us in the comment box.